We are committed to transparency, honesty, integrity and ethical practices in relation to your private information. We shall manage your private information with transparency and shall not use your private information without your consent, other than where necessary to conduct our business transactions with you.
All information provided by you is done by you actively ‘opting in’. This is done by you engaging with our website and uploading your personal details. As a result, no information provided is used without your prior consent.
With your consent, when you ‘opt-in’ we may send you emails about new products, or other information.
Please note that on signing up to our website and transacting a sale with us that we cannot permanently delete your customer account information from our information system, as history or your transaction must be retained for accountancy and taxation purposes.
Should you not wish us to collect this personal information we may not be able to provide you with that service.
If this business is sold to another party, your personal information may be transferred to the new owners so that they may continue to sell products to you.
Below is a list of the types of information we may collect from you when you engage with our site and/or purchase something from our online store. This information is required to complete an online sale with you:
- Your name, gender, date of birth;
- Your email address and telephone numbers should we need to reach you;
- Your contact delivery details including residential, business and postal address; and information you provide to third party delivery companies, for example courier companies for parcel delivery;
- Your identification details;
- Your password which you must create for online access;
- Your financial information relating to your online purchases, such as credit card details;
- Information relating to your access of our website;
Ways in which your personal information may be used
When you supply your personal information for Coppered Company Limited transactions, this information shall be limited to this activity only. If we wish to use your information for another reason, for example, marketing, we shall request this directly to you and separately or ask you to ‘opt-in’ rather than requiring you to ‘opt-out’.
If you have provided consent and now wish to remove this consent
If you change your mind and no longer want us to contact you, email us to remove you from our list, or follow the instructions to unsubscribe at the bottom on any further material you receive from us in error.
When you become a customer of Coppered Company Limited we shall require your personal information to complete the following:
- Establishing a coppered® online customer transaction
Placing an order with us where you are required to complete an online customer information form as part of this order transaction via our website portal www.besotted.co.nz or when you use one of our online payment vehicles
- Registering your details for a coppered® marketing initiative
When you visit www.besotted.co.nz, which may participate in a chat forum, which either does or does not result in a purchase from our website www.besotted.co.nz. With this interface your participation may include the address of your internet service provider, the name of the web page directing you and the activities that you partake in while visiting our website (for example: click throughs, likes)
- Subscribing to marketing and sales communications
Interfacing, commenting and interacting with any online social media accounts we hold: e.g. Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts
In addition, if and only if, you choose to ‘opt-in’ to share your stories or opinions and/or your photos via our besotted public forum. This ‘opt-in to share’ is a clear and separate request to the standard personal information required for sale transactions.
Before you provide us with information or photos about you and/or of a third party, you are responsible for getting their permission to do so and to inform them that you have provided this information. You must advise the third party and seek permission from them to supply this information including photos. You must also get their consent for use, as supply authorises possible publication in a public forum.
- Completing an online form that is placed on a third-party website;
- Requesting delivery of products;
- Making a purchase or returning an item where we request you to verify your identity;
- Provide us with feedback via phone, email, chat or social media;
- Speaking with us during a product or sales enquiry; or
- Contacting us directly by telephone, via mail, email or online
We may collect information about you from a third party or a publicly available source, but only if you have consented to such collection, or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information.
In circumstances where we are able to facilitate anonymity, we will encourage you to do so. For example, if you wish to review a besotted© product or make a comment about our service, you can do so anonymously.
Should you wish to share your personal story with our team we encourage you to share your story using a pseudonym rather than your real identity, to safeguard your privacy. We may also change content, with your permission, where we deem it necessary or appropriate to ensure your privacy. Under no circumstances shall your story be shared without first seeking your approval and consent to do so.
Below is a list of ways in which we shall use personal information:
- Deliver products and services to you
- Answer any customer enquiries you may have of us
- Improve your customer experience with us
- Tell you about products that may be of interest to you via direct marketing programmes
- Tell you about other products that we think may be of interest to you
- Enable us to undertake a credit assessment
- Help us to manage and resolve any legal, consumer or commercial issues
- Meet our legal obligations required by New Zealand law
- Disclosure of information to third parties
Your information may be given to third parties as part of our standard business practices. This information shall only be supplied for third party use based on the following:
- You have consented to the provision of this information
- You have been told or would reasonably expect that your information is passed to those individuals or businesses
- The disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Should we engage in sharing your personal information with other entities we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that they do not breach privacy requirements in relation to the information shared.
We will take all reasonable action to ensure that third parties undertake to protect your privacy.
Examples of business we may share information with:
- Companies that we work with to support our business activities: e.g. courier and delivery companies, postal suppliers, printers, IT companies supporting our database requirements, digital and social media agencies conducting work on our behalf who have been engaged by our company.
- Research or marketing agencies engaged by our company
- Legal advisors or accountancy auditors
- Payment organisations and financial institutions
- Law enforcement agencies or government authorities, upon a lawful request
- Any persons acting on your behalf including those persons nominated by you or legal executives
- Direct Marketing Programmes -
We wish to respect your privacy and do not wish to annoy. We shall ensure that any direct marketing campaigns are lawful. We shall only use the personal information that you have provided to us, in a way that would be deemed reasonable, transparent and fair, for the purposes that you would have consented use for when opting-in and providing your personal information to us for such use.
We may need to contact you be by mail, telephone, email, SMS/text message or social media message.
We shall use an ‘opt-in’ function rather than requiring you to ‘opt-out’ of any marketing programme.
When setting up your account information we shall ask you to check the tick box should you wish to receive this direct contact. If at any other time you wish to change this status, you can either uncheck this box through updating your account information or do so when you receive direct mail material from us: an unsubscribe function shall appear at the bottom of any direct mail we forward to you. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phoning +64 7 925969 between the hours of 9am and 5pm New Zealand local time, or leave us a message and we will endeavour to respond within 24 hours.
We may use Google Analytics and other third-party providers for advertising purposes and remarketing, which track how visitors use our website. Information sourced, helps us to improve our customer service and experience.
- Security of your data
We take data security seriously and shall ensure all reasonable steps are taken to protect the misuse, loss, modification or disclosure from unauthorised access.
However, we accept no responsibility for any loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal information which you submit to us.
We advise that you logout from our website when you have finished visiting to ensure future protection.
- Accuracy of your personal information and updating
So that we can continue to deliver you the best possible customer experience, it is important that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You can make changes to your personal information via our website at any time.
If you believe that your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please amend via the website, or contact us via email to email@example.com to amend.